If you don’t find an answer here, please feel free to ask your question in the comments below.
Booking Questions for Childcare & Pet Care
- How far in advance should I book a nanny for a June vacation?
We suggest that you book about one month in advance to secure your nanny and make any other reservations.
- We need someone to take care of our dog for a couple of hours between August 30 and Sept. 2. How much advance notice do you need?
One month’s notice is great!
- I need to book a nanny to look after my cat for a couple of days. Which form should I be filling out with all the correct information?
The reserve your dog sitter form can be used for cat sitting too.
- How much notice do you need for dog sitting? Can I drop my dog to you and pick her up when we’re done?
The more notice you can give, the better as Jasper can get pretty busy. Yes, some nannies can have dogs in their homes. Our home is children and pet-friendly. We only take one client at a time in our home & those pets must be okay to be around children and other dogs.
We also look after dogs at your home, campsite or resort.
Dog Sitting & Dog Walking
Overnight Dog Care
- Do you provide multiple day dog watching services?
Yes, some nannies are able to dog sit in their homes and can provide overnight dog-sitting.
- I need someone to look after my puppy for 2 consecutive days. Can you guys keep him for the day? Or how does that work?
Yes, some nannies are able to dog sit in their homes.
- I’m wondering if you have a longer-term dog walking/sitting on a set rate for a while afternoon? 6 hours or a day rate?
We offer a discount for bookings over 6, 8 and 10 hours.
- I need a place for my little Yorkie to spend 2 days and nights while I am paddling and camping Maligne Lake this summer. He is elderly, poor eyesight and hearing and really doesn’t go for more than 1/2 block walk but does need a safe and quiet home. I can provide a fold-up doggy run for him, all his food, etc. Do you provide this kind of service?
Yes, we will care for your pet and follow the instructions you provide when you complete our Reserve Your Dog-Sitter form.
- I was not clear whether or not you offer pet boarding? I will be climbing in the park on 7/20 and was hoping my Shiba Inu, Sawyer, could spend one night and most of the day with a dog sitter.
Yes, some nannies are able to dog sit in their homes for overnight care.
- I plan to do the Berg Lake trail. I will be overnight & wonder if you do dog boarding/dog kennel service for the night.
Yes, some nannies are able to dog sit in their homes for an overnight.
Dog Care For Timid, Older & Tiny Dogs
- Our dog is scared of larger dogs that tend to chase her. Do you have a dog care service for her?
Yes, we will ensure that she is safe with our one-on-one care. Your dog will be looked after in your home & walked on a leash. Jasper is an on-leash park with contained off-leash areas. We only use off-leash parks with our clients’ permission.
- We’re Jasper residents: Can you let the dogs out and feed them? We would also like them to be walked at least once a day.
Our minimum booking time is 1.5 hours. We can come and take them for a walk and feed and water before we leave.
- We are only spending one night in the national park and I have one small dog to board. Any suggestions within Jasper?
Some of our nannies can board dogs overnight. Please fill out our Reserve Your Dog-Sitter form so we can reserve your nanny as overnight spaces are limited.
- We have a Pomeranian/Boston Terrier that needs to be walked a couple of times a day( around 3 pm & 7 pm). I understand you also have an overnight service. Would this be in someone’s home? What would the rate be for this service?
The booking fee is $25 per nanny per day, and the nanny rate is $12 an hour with discounts on longer bookings. You can find more info on our dog-sitting and dog-walking info page.
- We need a dog sitter on Saturday. We were hoping we could have you meet the dog and us briefly on Friday (Can we meet our nanny ahead of time).
Generally, we don’t meet until the time of drop off or pick up. However, if you would like to compensate your nanny for an advance meeting we can certainly arrange this.
- We’re looking for dog care for one dog (6-year-old Shih-Tzu/poodle). I would expect to need at least 4 hours for a rafting tour and possibly 6 – 8 for an Icefield tour. Is this the type of service your agency provides? Can you please advise prices for your services.
All the prices are on our dog-sitting page.
- We’d like to book a nanny for our 16-month mini golden doodle. I’m not sure at this time we will need you but would like to know he can go somewhere if it’s too hot to stay in the car while we shop (you were recommended by Melissa Woodcock).
Our nannies will walk your dog while you’re away. We strongly advise against leaving your dog in your car as our temperature ranges during the day can vary as much as 20 degrees c. Car interior temperatures can get dangerously hot.
- We are looking for a doggy day-care type of service as we are camping near Hinton but would like to explore Jasper on a weekday between Aug 9 and Aug 14 without our dog. Do you offer this service or can you recommend someone in or around Jasper?
We are not a dog-boarding service. But we do offer individual clients dog-sitting for the day. Please complete a dog-sitting form once you know your dates.
- I understand that you are not a dog sitting service but I am hoping that you might be able to help me or direct me to someone who can. I am looking for a daytime dog sitter in or around Jasper. I want to come and spend some time climbing but my dog is too old to hike any distance. I am looking for a place for her to stay during the day. She doesn’t really need any care, just somewhere dog-friendly that she can hang out for the day.
I’m happy to tell you we absolutely are a dog sitting service. We’d love to help you out! Once you know what dates you need a nanny, please fill out our Reserve Your Dog-Sitter form so we can match you with a nanny who has a perfect hang-out space for your dog.
- Do you only offer dog sitting?
We can look after any pets.
Jasper Park Lodge
- I’m wondering how I prebook for childcare at the JPL for Saturday evening? I got the forms from the concierge desk but am unsure how to proceed from here.
Once you’ve filled out the form, please return it to the concierge desk. The Jasper Park Lodge concierge desk will then forward your request to My Jasper Nanny.
Activities & Childcare Specifics
- I’m just trying to understand services so we can get a little alone time. I guess I’m hoping for more than watching paw patrol on iPad but obviously if it’s -20ºC that’d change.
We ask nannies to follow the instructions you provide on our childcare reservation form. On those especially cold days, children can spend time playing, doing crafts, reading books!
- What is your hourly rate to look after 16-month old twins for an afternoon?
Generally, our rate is $15 an hour but our nanny rates page has more information about discounted rate packages and holiday rates.
- What would be the approximate fee for childcare for 3 kids including a 10-month old?
$17 an hour
- Our wedding will be at Pyramid Lake Resort. We have two young kids & will have our large old boxer. We’d like to try out your services as a test run. I have a few questions including whether or not the nannies have their first aid tickets and if they are ok with diaper changes.
Great! We care for your children and dogs at the same time. All nannies are first aid certified. We would send a nanny that is comfortable and experienced with young babies.
- We are looking to have someone watch our 23 month old while we attend a wedding at pyramid lake resort. We are staying at the resort and are hoping someone could come to the hotel room and mainly watch her while she sleeps from 8-12. If you could let us know if this time is available, what the price will be and a little bit about yourself it would be much appreciated!
Yes we are available. The price is $25 booking and $15 an hour. We can send your nanny’s bio once your service is booked.
Groups & Special Events
- We’re planning a wedding and reception in Jasper. I’m looking to have someone supervise a group of kids from a few different families. We’ll be using an adjacent room near the parents. Is this a service you can help me with?
Yes, we have done several kids’ parties and group events! You can let your guests know to enter your name on our Reserve Your Nanny Form where they’re asked for the last name of the group organizer.
- I’d like to book a nanny for a group of from 3 to 5 children for sure. I’m still waiting for confirmation on numbers. This will be a service for guests at my wedding on August 17. It is at Pyramid Lake Resort, and the hours would be from 5 pm – 1 am if possible. I’m wondering if there is something I need to get each group of parents to sign? I am the legal guardian of none of the children. How can I proceed to book this?
Yes, you’ll need to have each family complete our childcare information form. The most convenient way is to have them fill out our online Reserve Your Nanny form and select “yes” where they’re asked if they’re part of a group. Then they can enter your name as the group name.
- We’re looking for childcare for up to 15 kids at the pyramid lake resort during our wedding reception. We would have a room on site. What would the approximate cost for this be?
That would be approximately 6 nannies at $25 each booking, and $19 an hour for each nanny. More info about rates can be found on our Nanny Rates page.
- My wedding will be at Pyramid Lake Resort on July 21, 2018. I understand that parents will have to complete the waiver form but is there a way that I can reserve nannies for that evening before the parents complete the waivers? I will pay in full to reserve the nannies. I just want to make sure that the nannies are booked ahead of time so there are no issues.
Sure. If you know the total number of children & how many children are less than 12 months old, we can reserve your nannies. Please use our Contact Form to provide more info about the times and the number of children as well as if you plan to have a room for group childcare. Note the information about ratios (children per nanny) can be found here.
- I’d like to book a nanny for 3 to 5 children as a service for guests at my wedding. I am not the legal guardian of any of the children. How do I proceed to book this?
Ask your guests to fill out the reserve your nanny form and select “yes” where they’re asked if they’re part of a group. Then they can enter your last name as the group name.
- Could someone sit outside my hotel room while my 2 kids are sleeping? I can put them to bed; I just need someone there because our room is in a separate building from the wedding reception we are attending. My sister in law will also have her 2 kids in bed in the room right next to ours. Is it possible to have one sitter for the 4 kids? It shouldn’t involve anything more than sitting outside and calling us if there is a problem.
We’d be happy to arrange for each of your families to have a nanny so your kids will be safe and comfortable.
- I will have a guest at my wedding whose childcare I would like to pay for. It would be at the Pyramid Lake Resort I know that they have to fill out the form and sign the release, but is there a way that I can be the one to pay for it?
Absolutely! We can make that arrangement. Please provide more details using our Contact Form.