Leaving your most precious person/people in the world can be difficult for them and parents! Today was our first day of leaving our son at the daycare. We visited many times before today, but he still cried when we left. I think that’s how our babies tell us “I’m going to miss you and I love you so much”!
I kept my happy face on until we left too, keeping it positive and not being a basket, case tip #9.
Everyday will get easier and knowing he is in great care is so important!
How do we choose My Jasper Nannies?
- Once they send their resume, 3 references, criminal background police check and 1st aid certificates we begin by calling their references. We expect their references to be solid and glowing!
- We arrange an in person interview. First impressions are key here. I try to schedule an interview when my children are home as I like to see how the nannies interact with children.
- During the interview we ask several scenario questions to see how the would respond in an emergency situation as well as potentially stressful emotional situations. As long as they kept their cool here we move on to asking what they love to do with children.
- Our first expectations is that children are safe and second they are having so much fun they won’t even have a moment to realize they are missing mom and dad!
- We sign the contract with Nannies and employ them as a contractor. Welcoming them to the team with their very own Nanny bag full of books, craft items, toys and games that they can take to the job.